Wednesday 31 July 2013

Goal Review End July


July was a really fun month, unfortunately my daily to do list has not been moving along with any particular speed. 

Financial

- Set up RRSP investments with my return of value pension from the military and contribute $359 a month for the year, along with any tax refunds. CHECK [I’ve got to love how my system just chugs away without me having to think about it.]

- Pay off house in 5 years.  I should be able to accomplish this by doubling up every payment and paying a 10% lump sum every year.  CHECK [I keep making progress towards my third 10% payment.  Also arranged my schedule so I won’t have to take a pay cut until around December.]

Educational

-Start Masters of Science / Masters of Science in Nursing in the fall.  NOPE [I’ve got some reading to do and some extra studying I set for myself to get a leg up on my thesis, but I’ve not put time aside to do it, life keeps happening.]

Social

-Join two new clubs in the local area.  CHECK [I’m checking out a new writers group in the area, made up of a very nice group of folks.] 

Other

-Have my novel accepted to be published.  I plan to have it ready by the end of the month (January), so I can start sending it out. CHECK [I’m in the process of making some final edits to it before I launch it once again into the great abyss.]

-Become a respite foster parent. CHECK [I’m done my PRIDE class, home study still not complete due to my social worker’s case load but it sounds like the very, very latest that I’ll be fully qualified is the end of August.]

-Take a big backpacking trip solo. [This goal got trashed, see why here.] 

-Finish my current crafting projects.  NOPE [After the big push to get my brother’s wedding gift done I’ve kind of slacked off, guess I should get back at it.] 

Down to a dismal 71% (actually a bit surprising, I thought it would be a lot worse).  August will concentrate on 1.Get some studying done for my Master’s (really, this time I’m serious) 2. Get my manuscript back out there.  3. Get back to work on my crafting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment