Tuesday 23 July 2013

Apologies and Bloggers Helping Bloggers

My sincerest apologies for my absence from the blogging world.  I took the weekend to go and have an adventure (aka I helped my parents moved.)  I hope the fact that I had a blast is a conciliation to all my faithful readers.

I would also like to extend my thanks to the lovely folks over at Bloggers Helping Bloggers.  I just finished a mentorship that they arranged and must admit that it was a very educational experience.  My mentor was Aaron over from Three Thrifty Guys and many of the improvements that you have seen appear on my site were guided by him.

How was the experience?  In a word, great!  I would highly recommend a mentorship such as this to any new blogger. My mentor was more then happy to explain the areas of blogging that I was most interested in pursuing and his advice was very practical.  My advice to any new bloggers looking to get involved in a mentorship is two-fold.  First off, have a good idea of the things that you are aiming to learn.  This will help you and your mentor focus your time and energy.  As much as "Being a better blogger" is a laudable ambition it's a bit hard to formulate into a concrete question =D.  Secondly, make sure you pick a session during which you will have some spare time.  The process does take a weekly time commitment above and beyond your normal blogging schedule.  My brother's wedding fell exactly in the middle of my mentoring session and I certainly felt the time pinch of so much to do and so little time.

Thanks again!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information about Bloggers helping Bloggers. I stumbled upon your blog from Gail Vaz Oxlade's comments and have read pretty much the entire thing. I'm going for a similar goal, but unfortunately mine starts with digging out of a good chunk of debt as well. Not quite as quickly as your plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found you're way here and hope you continue to enjoy. I will admit that I got lucky when it came to avoiding debt both with the teachers I had for finances and the jobs I've managed to find. Good luck with your goals I'll be rooting for you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth - you were a joy to counsel! :)

    ReplyDelete