Wednesday 15 May 2013

May Mid Month Check-Up


Here comes the mid-month review. 

Mortgage - Successfully doubled-up
Retirement/Emergency Savings - On Track
House Maintenance - Savings are up to $1,336.49. Will probably be raided for a couple of projects around the house.  Some are money saving (clothes line and water barrel), some are essential (seriously who builds a gutter system without a down spout?) and some are just fun (gardens, lots of gardens.) 
Housing Taxes/Insurance – Taxes savings are at $873.23 with the bill coming next month, but between next months contribution and my slush fund I’ve got that covered.  Insurance is on Track
Big Ticket Items - $243.14 in savings. 
Travel - On Track
Health Insurance - Spent
Bus Pass - Spent
Cell Phone/Internet - Bills have not yet arrived, but I have a bit extra hanging around in this category just in case. 
Car Savings - Going well, I’ll be able to decrease my contributions to this in September. 
Train - $89 still there.  Almost two sets of round trip tickets. 
Other Transportation - $90.70 set aside, mostly because people have been offering rides or lending me their car when I’m out past the time that busses run.  
Utilities – I’m using more with my roommate here (obviously) mostly because she gets a lot colder than I do.  (I’m happy at 15 degrees Celsius - she’s not.)  Bills been paid, only $123.64 set aside for next time. 
Food - $198.23 left.  That will drop when I go buy seeds for my garden next weekend.  
Miscellaneous - $6.59 left.  Plus a bit in my wallet, I’m going to have to allot more next month. 
Entertainment - $9.44.  Lucky the library doesn’t cost me or I’d be broke! 
Social/Sports - $30, I’m considering a new sport so I may end up spending more.  
Clothes - $50
Gifts - $28.40.  I’m thinking my family will phase out gifts between adults over the next couple years.  We don’t need all that much. 
Financial Planning - $16.44 My monthly payments for this come out on a strange day.   

I’ve also got a steady student that a tutor 3hrs a week $15/hr.  Lots of fun and something extra for my mortgage!  Add to that $209.69 sitting in my slush fund.  

Have a question?  I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment