Monday 13 May 2013

FP - Junk Food

I've never been one big on junk food.  Given my preference I would take home made baked goods over something produced en-mass in a factory any day.  While I will occasionally munch on potato chips it's usually at a party instead of because I bought some myself.  So I wasn't particularly invested in finding a cheap yet healthy alternative.  But I did and figured I would pass it on to you.

KALE CHIPS



Simple yet tasty.  Just grab a bunch of Kale, put it on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350.  Eat while warm.

YUMMMM!

Seriously, I think I prefer these over potato chips, not to mention that they're healthier and cost less.

Kale (enough to make the same amount as a large bag of potato chips) - $2.00 (or less if you grow it yourself.)

Chips - $3.50

Difference is $1.50 or 43% less.

2 comments:

  1. Once it gets a little cooler I am going to try this! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good cold too, I just never have the patients to wait!

      Delete