Saturday 30 March 2013

Goal Review End March


It’s Goal Time!  (For the hockey fans out there I’m sorry to disappoint you.  I’m not talking about that kind of goal.) 

Financial

- Set up RRSP investments with my return of value pension from the military and contribute $359 a month for the year, along with any tax refunds. CHECK [Savings are happening as planned.  The return of value is coming in about three weeks since they now have my paperwork.  However they have to snail mail it to another province that will actually cut the paper check and then snail mails that to my bank.  At which point I get my money.  Though my tax refund has been repurposed for another reason, but that’s a post by itself.] 

- Pay off house in 5 years.  I should be able to accomplish this by doubling up every payment and paying a 10% lump sum every year.  CHECK [Made my double up for the month.  Also managed to pay my first 10% lump sum, which was very exciting.  I am continuing to explore alternate income sources to make up the shortfall.]

Educational

-Start Masters of Science / Masters of Science in Nursing in the fall.  KIND OF [Ok, I’ve just been sitting pretty waiting for the acceptance letter.  But it should come any day now and I’m going to start speaking to supervisors in April, which I’ve been avoiding.]

Social

-Join two new clubs in the local area.  CHECK [I’ve paid been to the quilting club group twice a month and have just started going to a local writing group which has been a lot of fun.  I’ll probably drop the newcomers in favour of the writers.] 

Other

-Have my novel accepted to be published.  I plan to have it ready by the end of the month (January), so I can start sending it out. CHECK [I went to a writing seminar in March and have been working on the changes they suggested.  I plan to start sending out queries this month.]

-Become a respite foster parent. CHECK [I’ve submitted my application and spoke with a worker.  I will likely be loaded on the May course.  I’ve found a family doctor so it shouldn’t be too hard to get the medical forms filled out.]

-Take a big backpacking trip solo. CHECK [Saving is going as planned and I haven’t touched my vacation days yet.] 

-Finish my current crafting projects.  CHECK [I’ve been breezing through the gift I’m making, it will be done in time and my quilt has seen some progress as well.] 

Seven goals have seen good progress and one has been on the back burner so I’ll give my self 7.5 out of 8 or 93.8%.  Not bad.  Big things to concentrate on in April are 1. Get my investing done once my return of value arrives 2. Send out query letters 3. Keep up the good progress on my embroidery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment